19 Dec 5 Powerful Strategies To Keep Raccoons Out Of Trash Cans
The most familiar scene which makes you frustrate is watching raccoons searching meals from trash cans and exploiting the home exteriors. Raccoons are the most intelligent and cute to appear but can be a destructive one. Usually, such creatures easily find the tipping over the trash cans and remove the tightly applied lid over it. Spreading garbage all over the ground can become a big nightmare for you, so it’s essential to keep these raccoons away with use of some preventive measures.
Below are the few tips that are helpful in keeping the raccoons away from the trash cans:
- Keep Bins Out Of Reach: One of the easiest ways to keep the raccoons away is to keep the bins at some place where they can’t find them. Moreover, you make sure your trash cans are tightly sealed or place some kind of concrete block on the top so it’s become difficult for the raccoons to remove it.
- Use Raccoon Repellent: To prevent raccoons from entering, spraying repellent near the cans is another solution. Such an offensive sent can help you in keeping the raccoons at long distance. It’s essential to spray carefully as such trick might be harmful especially for children and pets.
- Buy Metal Trash Cans: If raccoon living is a serious issue in your surroundings, then it’s better to use metal trash cans rather than plastic bins. The benefit of using metal is that it is hard to chew like plastic cans and often found to be better sealed.
- Clean Cans Regularly: When you have cans stored with garbage, the bad odors start producing from trash residues inside it. To avoid such situation, it’s necessary to clean the bins on a regular basis so that raccoons don’t attack them.
- Call Wildlife Exterminator: If you have major raccoon problem persisting near your home, then never try to handle it yourself. These raccoons have sharp teeth which can attack you badly. The only solution is to call a local wildlife exterminator to eliminate them.
If you are looking for skilled wildlife extermination services near you, then you can call our professionals at Brantford Wildlife.